Tired of Remy begging for food?
Well lets just start by saying all dogs know how to beg. The tell tale head on your lap, doughy eyes looking up at you, and the quiet stare. All devastating techniques that are hard to resist. But if you are looking for a great party trick that will leave even your toughest critic with a smile, try the sit pretty command. It is a hind leg begging position that is simply irresistible.
- Put your dog in a sit and kneel on the floor in front of him. If you have a large dog stand directly in front of him.
- Hold out a treat in your hand and let him sniff it.
- Raise the treat over your dogs head slowly allowing him to follow it up with his nose.
- Keep raising the treat until your pup’s front legs lift off of the ground.
- As the front legs lift and the hind legs stay on the floor, say the command “Sit Pretty” and provide the treat.
- Repeat this motion several times, each time waiting a little longer to provide the treat.
- As your pup starts to understand the command begin to walk away as he holds the position.
This trick is great for building your pup’s hind leg strength. Some dogs take to it more quickly than others. Take it slow and have fun!
Bringing a new family addition into the home is extremely exciting! Becoming a new puppy parent comes with a ton of new joys, challenges and responsibilities. PupBox was created to help new puppy parents like yourself, by providing all of the toys, treats, accessories and training information you need, when you need it. CLICK HERE to learn more about PupBox.
And remember, puppyhood is fast and is gone before you know it. Make sure to savor the time when your pup is young, and take lots of pictures along the way!